Applications are accepted on a continual basis throughout the year.
The application and approval process follows these steps:
- A member of the Donegan Burns Board of Directors identifies an organization with a need.
- Meets with decision maker and presents the grant opportunity.
- Determines eligibility and provides a grant guide and application.
- Reviews completed application and submits to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Board reviews proposal and approves grant.
- Donegan Burns delivers a grant contract to organization.
- Contract signed, funds distributed and program launched.
Grantees are selected by members of the Board of Directors from organizations in their local communities. Directors seek grantees who demonstrate these characteristics:
- Advocate for literacy.
- Understand the challenges of serving their population.
- Have the capability to manage the grant.
- Have the capacity to account for proper use of funds.
All applications are accepted on a continual basis throughout the year. Grants are also awarded on a continual basis throughout the year subject to approval of the foundation’s board of directors.
We notify grantees in writing about the Board of Director’s decision. A Director will follow up and may schedule a site visit and launch the program.
For More Information
If you have questions about our grant-making process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Donegan Burns Grant Application Template
Next: Letter of Inquiry