The Testing and Intervention Grant covers program and technology expenses.
The total grant allowed is $25,000 annually for up to three years. In the first year, the organization may equip a learning center, train teachers or staff and manage learning intervention services. In years 2 and 3 of the program, grantees may request funds to expand testing and intervention, extend software licenses and provide one-on-one evaluation and clinical tutoring. At the end of three years, grantees are expected to maintain the ongoing costs from the organization’s general budget. Covered expenses for program and technology include:
- Teacher Training: attend workshops, conferences or receive training in alternative teaching methods.
- Parent Education: provide workshops or purchase materials that educate parents on how to support a child with learning differences.
- Online Evaluation and Clinical Tutoring: provide online learning process evaluation and clinical tutoring services for children who do not respond to traditional interventions. This is very useful for smaller schools or remote schools that lack personnel or access to local providers.
- Assistive Technology: devices that read books, spelling and grammar software.
- Hardware: computers, headphones, interactive displays.
- Internet: broadband Service
We do not grant funds for the following:
- Reserve funds
- Political campaigns or lobbying efforts
- Capital campaigns (will consider on a limited basis)
- Debt reduction