Testing and Intervention Grants for In-School and After-school Programs.
The Testing and Intervention grant provides up to $25,000 for the implementation of testing and intervention for children in first through third grades (in schools) and for children ages 5 -15 (in after-school programs). The cost of technology, materials, and training is covered. The grant supports organizations which place at risk children in a specialized learning program as early as possible. The grant enables schools, after-school programs and children’s organizations to:
- Test children in grades 1 – 3 (in schools) or children ages 5 – 15 (in after-school programs).
- Identify the 10 – 15% of children at risk for learning differences.
- Assign at risk children 30 – 60 minutes per day specialized reading instruction.
- Track progress and perform individual interventions.
- Provide learning process evaluation and clinical tutoring for those who need intense, one-on-one support.